Gymnastics Instructor 1
Company: City of Edmonds
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Gymnastics Instructor 1 Print
Apply Gymnastics Instructor 1 Salary $15.31 - $17.71 HourlyLocation
Edmonds, WAJob TypePart Time - RegularDepartmentParks, Recreation
and Cultural ServicesJob Number2022-030Union
ClassificationHourlySocial Security NoticeThis position contributes
to Social Security.Application RequirementsA completed online
application is required to be considered for this position. An
incomplete application will disqualify you. Applicants may attach
additional information that will assist us in the review and
- Questions DescriptionCOVID-19 Notice: This position has been
approved to be filled and recruitment efforts are ongoing. Please
be conscious of possible delays in the process related to COVID-19.
This position is open until filled, applications are reviewed as
they are received. The position may be closed at any time after a
qualified candidate is selected. Position Summary The City of
Edmonds is seeking an energetic and encouraging gymnastics
instructor to lead many of our programs offered. This position has
the opportunity to instruct preschool classes, school age classes,
circus classes, birthday parties, and summer/day camps! You will be
creating a safe, fun, and positive environment for students to
thrive in their gymnastics experience!Schedule: This is a part time
position with a varying schedule. The typical hours for this
position are 0-12 hours per week.About the DepartmentEdmonds Parks,
Recreation, Cultural Arts & Human Services Department serves as the
community's key resource for providing parks, recreation and
aquatic programs, culture arts tourism, economic development and
enhanced quality of life for its citizens. There are more than 62
sites including 14 active parks that encompass over 265 acres,
20,000 square feet of flowerbeds, nearly a mile of waterfront
shoreline and about 80 acres of open space in the Edmonds Parks
System. About the CityThe City of Edmonds is a beautiful community
on the Puget Sound waterfront with a population of 42,470 and is
the gateway to the Olympic peninsula via the state ferry system.
Edmonds provides a full range of services, including contracted
fire services, police services a municipal court, a community pool,
a regional performing arts facility, public works and utilities, a
regional wastewater treatment facility, along with community events
and services through our Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services
Department. Six department directors report directly to the Mayor
and oversee approximately 241 fulltime-equivalent
employees.Examples of DutiesEssential Functions:
- Instruct participants (ages 2-14 years old) in recreational
level gymnastics, circus and rhythmic related classes.
- Ensure a safe environment by checking equipment daily and using
equipment properly as specified by the USA Gymnastics Safety
- Learn and apply proper skill progressions, spotting techniques
and matting as dictated by USA Gymnastics guidelines and Edmonds
Parks & Recreation standards.
- Assist with camps, birthday parties and other special
- Become familiar with recreational department
procedures.Required Knowledge of:
- Gymnastics and youth fitness programs including USA Gymnastics
- Dance and choreography skills, and a desire to get instruction
in basic Rhythmic and Circus skills.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- City Parks and Recreation standards, rules, procedures and
- Effective oral and written communication principles and
practices to include public relations and customer service.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.Required Skill
- Communicating technical information to a wide variety of
- Relating well with children, students, parents, and staff.
- Analyzing problems and providing clear solutions.
- Preparing and maintaining basic records and reports.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Neatness and organizational skills.Minimum
QualificationsEducation & Experience
- At least 16 years of age.
- Prior work with the public and children.
- Basic gymnastics and/or sports experience required.Required
Licenses or Certifications
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification (Within 90 days of
- USAG Risk Management Safety Course Completion within 3-6 months
or complete handbook review.
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass a background
check.Supplemental InformationWORKING CONDITIONSEnvironment:
- Classroom environment.
- Constant interruptions.
- Sometimes loud/noisyPhysical Abilities:
- Hearing, speaking or otherwise communicating to exchange
information in person or on the phone.
- Reading and understanding a variety of materials
- Sitting, standing or otherwise remaining in a stationary
position for extended periods of time.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling, crouching, reaching above
shoulders and horizontally or otherwise positioning oneself to
- Lifting/carrying or otherwise moving or transporting up to 40
lbs. of equipment or children (when spotting/assisting)Hazards:
- Contact with potentially dissatisfied or abusive
- Physical contact with equipment or students while
- Contact with sick children.
- Working with or around equipment and people in motion.
- Gymnastics apparatus falling hazards.Temporary, non-regular
part time, and seasonal employees are ineligible for benefits other
than WA State Paid Sick Leave, which accrues at the rate of 1 hour
for every 40 hours worked. Some exceptions apply to certain
seasonal positions that may be union-eligible following a certain
number of hours worked.The City of Edmonds follows the ACA required
measurement and administration periods for all non-benefited
employees in order to determine future eligibility as required by
law. 01 What are your salary expectations? Please do not disclose
current or prior position salary. 02 Are you or will you be at
least 16 years old by the start of the position?
- No03 As represented by your application, do you have prior
experience working with the general public and children?
- No04 As represented by your application, do you have any
gymnastics and/or sports experience?
- No05 Are you currently CPR/First Aid certified?
- No but I can obtain certification within 90 days from
hire.Required Question AgencyCity of EdmondsAddress121 5th Ave N
Edmonds, Washington, 98020 Phone425-775-7740
Keywords: City of Edmonds, Edmonds , Gymnastics Instructor 1, Education / Teaching , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!