Senior ecoDemonstrator Program Engineer
Posted on: September 15, 2022
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better
place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work
that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion
are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for
every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with
great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), Product Development
organization is seeking Senior Systems Engineers (Level 4) for the
ecoDemonstrator Program for our Everett, WA location to lead and
support the identification, selection, integration, and test of
innovative, sustainable technologies on the ecoDemonstrator flight
As part of this team you will have a key role in developing the
total lifecycle of the next new airplane from how it is designed,
built, delivered and supported in service. You will help to
cultivate an innovative, focused and relevant portfolio of features
and capabilities. The successful candidate will be offered the
opportunity for significant professional growth in technical
expertise, leadership, and business acumen.
The ecoDemonstrator Program s mission is to innovate, collaborate
and accelerate the maturation and introduction of technologies to
Boeing products, services, productions systems and processes. Since
2012, the program has tested on eight different test platforms to
support these technology advancements. We are seeking Senior
Systems Engineers who are passionate about airplanes, new
technology, sustainability, and shaping the future of air travel.
This is a fast-paced, high-visibility environment with opportunity
to learn something new each day!
For more information on the program, visit
- Be an integral part of the planning and execution of the
- Lead the identification, selection and integration of
technologies on to flight test airplanes
- Lead cross-functional teams to evaluate, coordinate, implement
and ensure innovative technology installations meet operational,
functional, and safe-to-fly requirements to support accelerated
technology maturation and overall program objectives
- Lead Preliminary Design Review and Critical Design Reviews
- Lead safe-to-fly planning and execution
- Participate in STEM and industry outreach
- Partner with government agencies, airline customers and
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan,
design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of
systems and system solutions.
- Evaluate customer/operational needs to define and coordinate
system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and
assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program
- Perform various analyses to optimize total system of systems
and/or system architecture.
- Perform analyses for affordability, safety, reliability,
maintainability, testability, human systems integration,
survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security,
regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties
quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission
- Develop, maintain and identify improvements for the planning,
organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements
management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management
and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolve cross-functional technical issues.
If you are an aviation enthusiast who is passionate about
sustainable aviation and innovation, this would be a great fit for
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading
manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and
security systems. We are engineers and technicians, skilled
scientists and global thinkers. We prioritize equity, diversity and
inclusion. We focus on sustainability in all we do.
Are you ready to create the future? Build your career in systems
engineering with us as together we develop the next generation of
airplane and production systems. We are rapidly connecting the
present and the future to make the world better.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate
will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required.
"US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident,
refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- Bachelor s Degree from an accredited course of study in
engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
- 4+ years of experience leading teams and developing solutions
to complex situations
- Demonstrates highly effective communication skills with senior
- Demonstrates high attention to detail, self-starter, results
- Experience collaborating across functions and organizational
- Critical thinking and excellent verbal and written
communication skills to communicate with colleagues and
- Able to travel a minimum of 5% of the time
- Willing and able to work overtime if needed
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Prior experience in an engineering integration role
- Prior experience in a flight test program, airline operator,
and/or customer-facing role
- System-level and/or airplane-level knowledge and expertise
- Project management experience
- Quick Learner: ability to quickly understand complex technical
concepts across multiple disciplines
- Problem Solver: ability to analyze and organize complex
- Communicator: ability to translate complex issues into
cohesive, actionable components, with ability for individual
contributor and executive communication
- Ability to work out of comfort zone, where process definition
does not exist or is unclear
- Ability to take ownership/initiative, pull teams together,
establish battle rhythm, and remove roadblocks
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical
education from an accredited course of study in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor)
and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an
equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g.
PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work
experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a union represented position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or
other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Edmonds , Senior ecoDemonstrator Program Engineer, Engineering , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!