RN - SCI Edmonds Medical Oncology
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Swedish is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (0.0 FTE,
Days) in the Sci Edmonds Medical Oncology at Swedish First Hill in
Edmonds, WA. The Registered Nurse (RN) who will be responsible for
providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on
the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning,
implementation, and evaluation. He or she is also responsible for
delegation and supervision of personnel, as states above, that
participate in the provision of care to ensure that patient needs
and expected outcomes are met. In this position you will:
- Collects pertinent assessment data that includes present
condition, past history, physical, spiritual and psychosocial
information utilizing input from patient, significant other, and/or
healthcare team members as applicable. Interprets data to identify
the patient's needs and potential problems.
- Develops, reviews, and revises an individualized care plan
within the time frame identified in documentation standards.
Establishes expected outcomes that are measurable and
- Evaluates patient's response to care and initiates independent
and/or collaborative changes where appropriate. Documents changes
in condition and interventions.
- Utilizes nursing process to incorporate teaching into delivery
of patient care. Documents teaching and learning.
- Utilizes the nursing process to prepare for discharge/transfer,
beginning with admission and continuing throughout hospitalization.
Document the discharge/transfer process.
- Delivers patient care based on pathophysiology and nursing
principles. Performs technical skills with accuracy and efficiency.
Establishes and adjusts priorities based on patient acuity and
changing clinical situations.
- Recognizes the patient's age as a relevant factor and applies
appropriate decision-making skills in the assessment, treatment,
and care provided for the patient.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, physicians
and coworkers. Is a patient advocate. Utilizes resources
effectively. Participates in interdisciplinary rounds.
- Documents complete and accurate information on all appropriate
chart forms. Reports to oncoming shift in a concise, accurate and
relevant manner utilizing the care plan. Required qualifications
for this position includes:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within six (6) years of
- A RN with twenty (20) years of RN experience will not be
required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care
- If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure
Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure
in the new state(s) of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers at time of
hire from American Heart Association (AHA) - or- Military Training
- Experience acquired from Accredited Registered School of
Nursing. (Specialty areas may require additional experience and/or
certification.). Preferred qualifications for this position
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing upon hire
- National Certification in area of specialty About the First
Hill Campus The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First
Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system.
Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing
programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal
intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at
Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region;
volumes include more total joint replacements than any other
medical center in the state. We offer a full comprehensive range of
benefits - see our website for details - https://caregiver.ehr.com
About Providence At Providence, our strength lies in Our Promise of
"Know me, care for me, ease my way." Working at our family of
organizations means that regardless of your role, we'll walk
alongside you in your career, supporting you so you can support
others. We provide best-in-class benefits and we foster an
inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and everyone is
essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000 caregivers
(all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000 clinics and
a full range of health and social services across Alaska,
California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. As a
comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people,
advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year
tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Requsition ID:
P340763 Company: Swedish Jobs Job Category: Nursing-Patient Facing
Job Function: Nursing Schedule: Per-Diem Shift: Day Career Track:
Nursing Department: 3901 SFH SCI EDM MED ONC Address: WA Edmonds
21632 Hwy 99 Swedish Health Services is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis
of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status,
religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic
information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Edmonds , RN - SCI Edmonds Medical Oncology, Healthcare , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!