Licensed Practical Nurse
Posted on: March 17, 2023
-Job Summary:Provide direct and indirect nursing care to
patients in routine nursing situations, under the direction and
supervision of a registered nurse or licensed physician. In complex
situations in which the patient is unstable or requires urgent or
emergent care, the LPN functions under the direct supervision of
the RN or licensed physician. The LPN is an integral member of the
Health Care team, participating in patient assessment and the
formulation, implementation and monitoring of the care
- Assessment: Assists in the assessment of patient/consumer need
for care and communicates with RN/MD providers appropriately and in
a timely manner. Determines patient/consumer purpose for
admission/visit. Collects data relevant to visit/admission, ongoing
care as directed by standards/plan of care. Recognizes
urgent/emergent situations and appropriately refers/manages.
- Plan of Care: Contributes pertinent information to the plan of
care and assists in monitoring care. Delivers nursing care as
determined by plan or patient needs. Recommends modifications in
plan of care as needed. Assist patients/families in self care
activities. Demonstrates understanding of the physiologic and
psychological effects of normal aging by assessing and implementing
care to meet the needs of populations served.
- Implementation: Provides nursing interventions safely and
competently and reports relevant findings to RN/MD in timely
manner. Follows through and implements plan of care as directed; a)
provides appropriate instruction to patient/consumer about routine
health maintenance, normal/abnormal lab results, special procedures
and follow-up care as directed; b) prepares and administers
approved medications at the direction of the RN and upon order from
MD, ARNP, or PA; c) performs treatments and assists with procedures
as directed; d) competently performs skills/tasks as listed on LPN
skills competency inventory.
- Evaluation: Assists in evaluating patient/consumer response to
care through communication and observation. Recommends
modifications in plan of care to RN/MD/ARNP/PA based upon
- Age Specific Care: Demonstrates understanding of the
physiologic and psychological effects of normal aging by assessing
and implementing care to meet the needs of those populations
served. Reports appropriate age-specific assessment findings to the
RN. Demonstrates effective communication skills with those specific
age populations served.
- Communication and Coordination of Care: Communicates and
cooperates with other health care team members in planning and
implementing care. Reports appropriate age-specific assessment
findings to the RN/MD/ARNP/PA. Demonstrates effective communication
skills with those specific age populations served.
- Orientation: Orients patients/consumers to the health care team
members, the services available, and the means of access to those
services. Demonstrates an awareness of the Consumer Bill of rights
and Responsibilities. Participates in the orientation of new
consumers to KFHPWs policies and procedures.
- Instruction: Assists in the identification of educational needs
and communicates to RN/MD in timely manner. Instructs
patients/consumers according to the educational plan of care or
appropriate educational materials. Encourages patient/consumer
compliance with therapeutic nursing and medical regimens.
- Preventative Care: Identifies patient/consumer risk factors.
Utilizes available health education resources for preventive care.
Reinforces the plan of care to improve general health status.
Promotes patient/consumer self-care responsibility for meeting
their own health needs.
- Documentation: Records accurate and pertinent data on the
medical record according to documentation guidelines.
- Safety/Comfort: Provides a safe environment for each
patient/consumer and adheres to KFHPW/facility/unit specific safety
standards. Adheres to KFHPW infection control, safety hazardous
waste, universal precautions, and CPR standards.
- Professional Development: Identifies own learning needs and
participates in educational efforts to meet those needs. Identifies
own learning needs related to those age-specific populations served
and participates in appropriate educational programs. Participates
in staff orientation and student education activities. Participates
with managers and peers in completing the process for self and
colleague/team performance reviews. Consistently demonstrates an
appearance consistent with KFHPW dress code policy. Participates in
activities related to QA/QI, work redesign, and cost-saving
measures. -Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Degree from an accredited program.License, Certification,
- Practical Nurse License (Washington) required at hire
- Basic Life Support required at hireAdditional Requirements:
- N/APreferred Qualifications:
- Recent ambulatory care experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of electronic patient charting systems.Job Schedule:
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Edmonds , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...