Software Engineer II, Backend (Java)
Company: Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium
originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and
movies, and live television. Disney+ is the Disney-branded
streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content
from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over
the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo.
Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team
players to join the Content Experience Delivery team, who will
thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional
thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt
Disney Company s direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through
strategic hard work and determination. The Content Experience
Delivery team builds systems that provide data at scale to teams
across Disney Streaming. We implement reliable, high-request
services that deliver data that helps power user experiences for
Disney Streaming clients including Hulu, Disney+, Star+ and ESPN+,
across web, mobile, and living room devices. We are looking for a
software engineer who wants to build and operate these critical
services that support all Disney Streaming users. We're a
fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative and fun team, and looking
forward to finding out more about you! Responsibilities: You'll
join a hardworking group of engineers who build and manage
edge-facing orchestration services - powering Disney Streaming
clients running on smart TVs, smartphones, gaming consoles, FireTV,
Apple TV, Roku, and others. We're passionate about data - just like
you! You'll apply your experience with technologies to construct
distributed, large-scale services that provide data from a variety
of backend services to our viewers Basic Qualifications:
- 2+ years of related experience crafting large-scale, highly
- Strong programming skills in Java, Kotlin, or other
object-oriented languages, and a strong grasp of computer science
fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- Experience building RESTful, RPC, or GraphQL services.
- Experience using source control systems and CI/CD
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- A broad perspective on problem-solving.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to share your
knowledge with team members and others at Disney Streaming.
- Experience deploying and scaling within a cloud
- Experience directly managing and mentoring a team.
- Deep experience designing and building solutions with NoSQL
databases and messaging systems.
- Experience with Docker, containers and Kubernetes. Required
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or
equivalent work experience Additional Information: Location:
Seattle, WA; New York, NY; or Remote. Must be willing to work
Eastern Time hours as needed.
Keywords: Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution, Edmonds , Software Engineer II, Backend (Java), IT / Software / Systems , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!