Laboratory Assistant I
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Swedish is looking for a Lab Assistant I (Per Diem, Variable
Shift) in Lab Support at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA.
This individual will perform procedures that are necessary for
specimen collection on patients in all age groups including patient
identification, patient preparation and verification of specimen
according to laboratory procedures.
In this position you will:
- Perform a variety of routine blood draw procedures using proper
technique by age of patient, to include venipuncture and capillary
techniques while using standard equipment.
- Facilitate the observed and unobserved collection of urine
- Interact with patients using AIDET technique.
- Adhere to the National Patient Safety Goal of improving the
accuracy of patient identification by requiring at least two
patient identifiers per policy both in the drawing of patient and
the labeling of specimens.
- Complete test requisition to include patient demographics,
accurate and required billing information and transcription of
client test orders.
Required qualifications for this position include:
High School diploma or equivalent
Successful completion of a phlebotomy program through a post
secondary school, college, or military program.
Seven hours of AIDS education as required under WAC 246-827
- Medical Assistant-Phlebotomist License as required by
Washington State Chapter 18.360 RCW, WAC 246-827
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous phlebotomy experience in a hospital setting
About the Edmonds Campus.
Swedish/Edmonds (formerly Stevens Hospital) has been providing
sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area
for more than 45 years. We pride ourselves in employing only the
most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a
hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our
mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community
through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services.
On Sept. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became
Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health-care
delivery network that provides more local services, while giving
residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the
comprehensive services of the Swedish system.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV
Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Edmonds , Laboratory Assistant I, Other , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!