Respiratory Therapist Registered - Respiratory Therapy
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Respiratory
Therapist (Per Diem, Variable Shift) to work in Respiratory Therapy
at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist performs respiratory care
procedures on patients of all ages (neonates, infants, pediatric,
adult, geriatric) in all areas of the hospital.
In this position you will:
- Perform care of patient on a ventilator to assure adequacy of
- Perform care of patient on non-invasive ventilation (BiPAP) or
- Perform a variety of routine treatments including aerosol
therapy, chest physiotherapy, Incentive Spiro meter and oxygen
- Perform a variety of diagnostic procedures such as ABG's,
EKG's, treadmills, Oximetry, spirometry, and other
- Attend Code Blue and other emergencies to manage the airway and
- Conduct airway management to control secretions, provide patent
airway or allow artificial ventilation. Includes intubation
assists, tracheotomy care, suctioning, tube/oral care, and
tracheotomy tube change.
- Educate patients and families about respiratory care and
participates in discharge planning process.
- Stock supplies in department and on units, prepare ventilators
and other equipment for standby, and change patient equipment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of an accredited respiratory therapy
educational program sufficient to qualify for licensure in
- Current Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner with the
Washington State Department of Health
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) with the National Board
for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
required within three (3) months of hire
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required
within six (6) months of hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required
within six (6) months of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent hospital experience as a Respiratory Care
About the Edmonds Campus
Swedish/Edmonds (formerly Stevens Hospital) has been providing
sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area
for more than 45 years. We pride ourselves in employing only the
most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a
hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our
mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community
through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services.
On Sept. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became
Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health-care
delivery network that provides more local services, while giving
residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the
comprehensive services of the Swedish system.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV
Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Edmonds , Respiratory Therapist Registered - Respiratory Therapy, Other , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!