Mammography Technologist - Mammography
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
$7,500 Signing Bonus/Retention Relocation Assistance Available
(external candidates only)
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Mammography Technologist
(0.8 FTE, DAYSHIFT) to work in Mammography Department at Swedish
Edmonds in Edmonds, Washington.
Perform a variety of radiological technical procedures specific
to the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease in a high volume
outpatient setting. Responsible for producing high quality
radiographic images while interacting with all patients in a caring
and comforting manner. Jointly responsible for performing required
quality control activities as mandated by the Mammography Quality
Standards Act (MQSA) and the FDA.
In this position you will:
- Interact with patient, explaining procedure thoroughly and
answering any questions as appropriate. Model excellence in
professional radiologic practice at all times while also
functioning as a patient advocate.
- Accurately produce mammographic images per protocol, making
appropriate technical adjustments for body size and habitus, age,
and past medical history. Analyzes technical quality of film and
repeats when appropriate.
- Assist the Radiologist with procedures, including (but not
limited to),stereotactic core biopsy, galactography, needle
localizations, and ultrasound guided aspirations and cores(in the
absence of an ultrasonographer).
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of radiation safety
principles for both patients and self. Provide radiation protection
- Participate in the departmental Quality control as
Required qualifications for this position include:
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years of full-time mammography experience
- Current ARRT advanced certification in mammography
- If not certified in mammography, candidate will be required to
seek and pass advanced certification within one year of
About the Edmonds Campus.
Swedish/Edmonds (formerly Stevens Hospital) has been providing
sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area
for more than 45 years. We pride ourselves in employing only the
most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a
hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our
mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community
through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services.
On Sept. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became
Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health-care
delivery network that provides more local services, while giving
residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the
comprehensive services of the Swedish system.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV
Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Edmonds , Mammography Technologist - Mammography, Other , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!