Swedish is calling a Materials Management Clerk (Per Diem,
Variable Shift) to work in Materials Management Department at
Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA.
We are seeking a Materials Management Clerk to be responsible
for a variety of tasks including receiving and issuing supplies,
maintaining inventories and filling orders in accordance with
established priorities and schedules, computer and data entry
In this position you will have the following
* Receives requests for supplies and equipment, selects items
from inventory and loads delivery vehicles. Distributes supplies to
appropriate areas. Obtains authorized signatures on non-stock items
to comply with department procedures.
* Inventories supply areas and replenishes supplies based on
preset par-level quantities. Maintains records related to stock
levels, supply quantities issued and other data to recommend
modifications to supply levels.
* Receives incoming freight and compares receiving documentation
with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment. Reports
backorders to supervisor. Inspects incoming freight for damage and
notifies supervisor of visible problems. Coordinates shipment of
items by common carrier by preparing Bills of Lading in conformance
with department procedures.
* Maintains a variety of department records, reports and files
that are required to provide management with needed information.
Performs computer and data entry function relative to inventory
control. Enters patient charges in the computer.
* Assists with the care and maintenance of department equipment
and supplies to ensure smooth flow of work through the department.
Notifies supervisor of inventory problems and low supply
* Participates in annual and routine cycle counts to maintain
accurate inventory levels.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* High School Diploma or GED
* Experience in inventory control or related functions.
* CRT experience.
* Knowledge of and ability to apply safety standards.
* Knowledge of correct lifting techniques.
* Ability to physically perform the job.
* Ability to maintain records and files.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
* Ability to perform the physical requirements and essential
functions of the job.
About the Edmonds Campus.
Swedish/Edmonds (formerly Stevens Hospital) has been providing
sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area
for more than 45 years. We pride ourselves in employing only the
most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a
hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our
mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community
through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services.
On Sept. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became
Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health-care
delivery network that provides more local services, while giving
residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the
comprehensive services of the Swedish system.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
* 217 licensed beds
* 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on
* 1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel
* Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level
IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support