Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Cook (0.875 FTE, Days)
to work in Cafeteria at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA.
Produces, assembles, portions, serves and displays patient,
cafeteria and catering main entrees and accompaniment items.
Maintains work areas and equipment in order to meet sanitation and
safety standards as well as par levels for food and supply
In this position you will:
- Prepares hot and cold food items according to established
recipes. Broils, grills, bakes, fries, purees and cooks foods in a
timely and efficient manner. Pre-preps food items as indicated on
- Operates cooking equipment efficiently, utilizing safety
measures. Ensures the safe and proper handling of all food items
according to HACCP and local agencies.
- Portions food items into proper serving containers utilizing
proper portion sizes. Follows recipes and plating guides for all
items served. Garnishes food items according to recipes on a
- Produces and evaluates food for general patient Cafeteria and
catering menus at the proper time and temperature in order to
satisfy customer demand.
- Stocks work station and collaborates with Storeroom Clerk and
Manager to insure proper food and supply inventory.
- Cleans organizes and sanitizes workstations, large equipment
and food set-up areas in compliance with sanitation and safety
- Handles, stores and labels food in compliance with sanitation
and safety standards.
- Creates a service culture.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Institutional cooking or culinary arts training
- Progressively responsible experience in cooking in an
institutional food service setting
- Current Washington State Food Handler's permit.
About the Edmonds Campus.
Swedish Edmonds has been providing sound and thoughtful care for
patients in the Greater Seattle area for more than 45 years. We
pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring
professionals. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace. We are
a family. We are a community. Our mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the community through local, high-quality and
compassionate health care services. Swedish Edmonds is an
innovative, regional healthcare delivery network that provides more
local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest
medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
217 licensed beds.
450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical
1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel.
Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV
Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Edmonds , Cook, Other , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!