Medical Assistant - Edmonds Birth and Family
Company: Swedish Health Services
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Medical Assistant (1.0
FTE, Day Shift) to work in Edmonds Birth and Family at Swedish
Medical Group in Edmonds, WA.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
- Swedish Medical Group now offers a one time $3,000 Sign-on
Bonus to Certified Medical Assistants newly joining SMG!
The MA works under the delegation of a licensed practitioner to
perform duties as directed to assist in providing basic patient
care to assigned patients. Basic patient care needs will be met
though both administrative and clinical duties. An MA is expected
to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and
In this position you will:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and
record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as
height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as
appropriate per role and certification, obtain specimens, perform
required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, optic,
ophthalmologic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including
combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or
perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate
to scope of role and certification.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants or
alternate training program
Active Medical Assistant Certified (MA-C) or Interim (MA-I) in
state of WA at hire
If in Active Interim Certification Status (MA-I), incumbent must
pass one of the following exams within 180 days of hire: AMCA,
AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers at hire - Must be American
Heart Association accredited
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting
- Six (6) months prior experience providing a high level of
customer service in a fast paced environment
- Six (6) months previous experience in a healthcare setting
working with an Electronic Health record (EHR)
About the Swedish Medical Group:
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driven
division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health
provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes 128
primary care and specialty care clinics.
Keywords: Swedish Health Services, Edmonds , Medical Assistant - Edmonds Birth and Family, Other , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!