Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Radiology Technologist
(0.01 FTE, Variable Shift) to work in Medical Imaging at Swedish
Edmonds in Edmonds, WA.
The Radiologic Technologist performs the technical aspects of
all adult, geriatric, adolescent, pediatric and neonatal procedures
done in Diagnostic Radiology under the direction of the
Radiologist. Performs the radiographic procedures at a level not
requiring constant supervision of technical detail but requiring
independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to apply
prescribed ionizing radiation.
In this position you will:
- Perform all radiographic procedures on patients in all age
groups including neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and
geriatric according to the department protocol to achieve optimum
- Maintain proficiency and the operation of the RIS and
Allscripts computer systems to ensure timely procedure is performed
and proper billing of patients occurs.
- Provide radiation protection in accordance with prescribed
safety standards and department protocol to enable patients to
receive safe radiographic studies.
- Provide a calm, caring environment for patients by seeing that
patients needs are met both physically and mentally.
- Maintain supplies in examination rooms at sufficient levels to
ensure timely procedures are performed without delay.
- Assist with transporting and clerical duties as needed.
- Participate as team member in the Radiology department
mentoring staff and students as needed.
- Maintain proficiency in the operation of PAC's; understanding
the functionality with ability to do minor "troubleshooting" i.e.
Required qualifications this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a program in Radiology Technology as
accepted by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Current Washington State Certified Radiologic
- Board registered as accepted by the American Registry of
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at
time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military
Training Network (MTN)
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- 1 year of experience in a hospital radiographic department with
demonstrated competencies in all radiologic procedures
About the Edmonds Campus.
Swedish Edmonds has been providing sound and thoughtful care for
patients in the Greater Seattle area for more than 45 years. We
pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring
professionals. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace. We are
a family. We are a community. Our mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the community through local, high-quality and
compassionate health care services. Swedish Edmonds is an
innovative, regional healthcare delivery network that provides more
local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest
medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds.
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV
Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Edmonds , Radiology Technologist, Other , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!