Swedish is looking for a Pharmacy Technician (0.9 FTE, Evening
Shift) in Medication Reconciliation at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds,
Swedish Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for a
Pharmacy Technician with a focus on accurate patient medication
histories to join our team! The Medication History Pharmacy
Technician will assist the pharmacist by performing the following
medication history activities, with the goal of compiling an
accurate and complete medication list prior to hospital
- Collection and clarification of the home medication list
through patient or caregiver interview, information gathered from
electronic sources, community pharmacies and primary care
- Verification of allergy information.
- Entry of the home medication list into the electronic health
record (EHR), as well as updating the patient's preferred community
pharmacy information in the EHR.
- Documentation in the EHR and communication of relevant
information associated with home medications in the EHR and/or
verbally to the pharmacist.
- Communicating concisely and effectively with patients,
families, pharmacists, and other health care providers related to
patient home medication histories.
The Medication History Pharmacy Technician will also be
cross-trained in other Inpatient Pharmacy areas to support coverage
as needed, however the primary work location will be within the
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Washington state Pharmacy Technician license
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two years' experience as a Certified Pharmacy Technician in a
hospital or community pharmacy setting.
- Broad pharmacy experience in different settings (e.g.
community, hospital, home health, etc.)
- Prior experience with obtaining medication histories and/or
- Working knowledge of common outpatient medications, doses and
About the Edmonds Campus.
About the Edmonds Campus.
Swedish Edmonds has been providing sound and thoughtful care for
patients in the Greater Seattle area since 1964. We pride ourselves
in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals. We
are not simply a hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a
community. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of
the community through local, high-quality and compassionate health
care services. Swedish Edmonds is an innovative, regional
health-care delivery network that provides more local services,
while giving residents greater access to the latest medical
treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
217 licensed beds.
450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical
1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel.
Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV
Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support