Manager Emergency Department
Company: Swedish Health Services
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Manager Emergency
Department (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Emergency Services at
Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, Washington.
Manage daily patient care and direct support activities of the
Emergency Department in accordance with established policies,
procedures and standards. Develop and maintain effective matrix
management relationships with relevant organization-wide management
structures. Stay current on local market developments and industry
practices, anticipate and plan for future changes. Responsible, in
collaboration with the Medical Director, for attainment of
applicable financial performance targets, regulatory and/or
accreditation standards. Assure the provision of exemplary customer
service from all staff.
In this position you will:
- Develops unit(s) strategic plan based on organization-wide
goals and objectives. Includes quality based goals and objectives.
Incorporates specific structures and methodologies to meet overall
- Develops capital and operating budget, ensuring appropriate
utilization of resources.
- Operationalizes strategic plan, ensures compliance, addresses
variances and develops contingency plans.
- Accountable for ensuring the provision of patient care 24 hours
a day; assigning clinical operations and patient care activities
based on patient care requirements. Coordinates patient care on a
daily basis in collaboration with other members of the health care
- Establishes and enforces standards of patient care and nursing
practice pertaining to areas of responsibility. Responsible for
developing and implementing unit-based goals for the delivery of
quality patient care. Is accountable for developing, implementing,
and monitoring unit-based quality improvement programs.
- Evaluates the delivery and outcome of patient care to assure
compliance with department standards and patient/family
satisfaction. Reinforces positive outcomes and takes corrective
actions for identified problems.
- Assumes the role of patient advocate to clarify and evaluate
ethical and/or legal issues, and supports cultural practices.
- Creates and maintains unit work environment that encourages
retention of staff, staff development, customer service, and
patient/family centered care.
- Collaborates with the clinical nurse specialist and/or clinical
educator to identify, plan, and implement an educational program
pertinent to unit service and for all levels of staff.
- Responsible for the hiring, annual evaluation, counseling, and
termination of staff in accordance with labor and hospital
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Experienced Registered Nurse. Previous clinical experience as a
Registered Nurse in a Tertiary Care facility is required.
- 2 years in Nursing leadership.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at
time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military
Training Network (MTN).
- ACLS and PALS required.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- TNCC and CEN
About the Edmonds Campus
Swedish/Edmonds (formerly Stevens Hospital) has been providing
sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area
for more than 45 years. We pride ourselves in employing only the
most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a
hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our
mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community
through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services.
On Sept. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became
Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health-care
delivery network that provides more local services, while giving
residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the
comprehensive services of the Swedish system.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
217 licensed beds
450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical
1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel
Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV
Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support
Keywords: Swedish Health Services, Edmonds , Manager Emergency Department, Other , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!