Supervisor - Material Handling & Donations Operations
Company: Seattle Goodwill
Posted on: May 14, 2022
- Consistent Scheduling & Hours!
- Great Benefits!
- PAID Training & Growth Opportunities!
- Fun and Inclusive work environment!Job SummarySupervise the
flow of donated goods throughout the production area, supporting
the individual production areas with incoming material and removal
of salvage and trash, generating revenue to support the Mission of
Evergreen Goodwill.Essential Functions
- Coordinate the efforts of the Dock and Staging staff with
production areas, transportation, and the Production Manager.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other production
- Write periodic performance reviews for all reporting
- Audit quality decisions of material moving to salvage and to
the production floor.
- Uphold safe work practices in support of a safety culture
through awareness and observation; assist in safety training of
employees; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
- Provide monthly feedback to trainees about their
- Model good attendance and work behaviors for core staff and
- Oversee baling of salvage textiles.
- Oversee scrap metal operation.
- Requisition production supplies as needed and maintain
inventories on hand.Minimum Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 year production experience. Minimum six months experience in
a supervisory role. Working knowledge of material handling:
familiarity with dock equipment, lifting and handling
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Forklift Certification required* - this training is provided by
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation, paid sick time and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription plans
available for you and your family
- 20% employee discount
- Employee Assistance Program for you and everyone in your
- Training and advancement opportunities at all levels of the
- 403(b) Retirement Savings PlanAbout GoodwillWe believe in the
potential of individuals to make positive changes in their lives.
We believe that education and training empower people to make those
changes. Our vision for the communities we serve is that each
person is able to choose rewarding employment, financial security
and the experience of educational achievement. We are committed to
creating and sustaining a culture of equity, diversity and
inclusion (DEI). We embrace our employees' differences and
acknowledge and support our collective responsibility.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website
below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept
applications through our website.
Keywords: Seattle Goodwill, Edmonds , Supervisor - Material Handling & Donations Operations, Other , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!