Posted on: July 31, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Commercial Airplanes is
looking for Decorative Painters to join our Seattle and Renton, WA
team to apply exterior finish to commercial aircraft.Position
- Commitment to adhere to work area best Safety practices.
- Compliance to applicable laws, regulations, and company
- Commitment to First Pass Quality.
- Perform painting Boeing commercial aircraft to include but not
limited to free-form painting, full aircraft paint, gradient fade
(layout only, not painting), blend fade painting and decal
applications to achieve commercial livery requirements.
- Develop sequence, plan and implement all elements necessary to
insure quality processes for complete painting and finishing of
multiple, in sequence, commercial aircraft.
- Prepare the exterior surfaces of airplanes for painting by
cleaning, stripping, abrading, and chemically treating as
necessary, masking, then apply the paints and finishes and touch-up
- Make necessary patterns, preform layout and apply prescribed
decorative paints and finishes to interior and exterior of
- Blend finish on areas being reworked by proper removal of
paint, surface conditioning, thinning and application of new
- Clean and adjust spray equipment as required and insure that
equipment is functioning correctly.
- Ensure cleanliness and proper preparation of surfaces to be
painted and apply protective finishes required.
- Develop and follow standard work.
- Ability to maintain required certifications.This position is
expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required
to work onsite at one of the listed location optionsThe position
must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US
Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is required. "US Person"
includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or
asylee.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ years of painting/finishing/coatings experience.Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience finishing and painting Aircraft, Automotive or
- Ability to interpret engineering specifications, drawings, and
other technical data.
- Experience working from heights and using fall protection
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team
environment.Relocation:This position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for
eligible internal candidatesShift:This position is for 2nd
Shift.Drug Free WorkplaceBoeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post
offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.This is an hourly
position governed by the International Association of Machinist
(IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement.Equal Opportunity
Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Edmonds , Decorative Painter, Other , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!