Assembler Installer Doors B
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us. The Boeing Company is seeking
Assembler Installer Doors to join our teams supporting Boeing
Commercial Airplanes in either our Renton or Everett locations in
Washington State! This is an exciting opportunity to install, rig
and adjust door parts and assemblies into aircraft body structures
. Mechanics in this position install, rig and adjust door parts and
assemblies into aircraft body structures. They may set up and
perform some functional and operational tests of all door systems.
- Locate work area using drawings which specifies airplane
number, section number, and three-point location.
- Obtain and verify kitted (pre-picked) detail parts, standards,
and assemblies were issued correctly.
- Ensure that parts issued are effective for the airplane and are
free of visible defects.
- If parts are not pre-picked, get parts and ensure that parts
selected are effective for the airplane and are free of visible
- Set up assembly tools per tooling instructions or drawing.
- Review bar chart or automated time line to determine which job
to work on and obtain appropriate drawings for job.
- Drill, ream, countersink close tolerance holes and install
fasteners in parts/assemblies per drawing using correct tools
(e.g., drill motor, rivet gun, torque wrench).
- Locate door assembly to airplane structure, install close
tolerance bolt(s) and bushings/spacers for initial door
- Align door assembly to roller fittings, guides and latch
tracks. Check door swing into fuselage. Adjust fit using door
rigging tools. Ensure door has correct fit and fair with fuselage
when closed. Align scuff plate. Shim and trim door for fit using
planers, rotary sanders and hand files.
- Install door hardware including warning sensor, pressure/bulb
seal, liner brackets, bustle hardware and other attachments. Check
seals for gaps and light leaks. Check door handle and hinges for
proper angle using a protractor and/or inclinometer and adjust.
Perform seal check on door installation, as required. Utilize
vacuum pressurization equipment on exterior of door and check for
leaks using an ultrasonic leak detector on interior surfaces.
- Install personnel evacuation slides, life rafts, and components
(e.g., high pressure and explosive bottles, thrusters, battery), as
required. Assist in slide deployment checks to ensure proper
- Coordinate with other ongoing tests on the aircraft. Lock
out/Tag out systems when performing tests. Set up and perform tests
of all door systems (e.g., mechanical and electrical) to ensure
related cockpit instruments are functioning correctly.
- Apply sealant, alodine, primer, adhesives, and special
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner.
Operate mechanical lifts of various types to locate
parts/assemblies into position or to perform assembly work.
- Frequent (3-6 Hrs.) Handling (holding, grasping), Kneeling,
Sitting, Standing, Walking.
- Working around constant noise.
- Flexion/extension (head bent down, head bent back), finger
manipulation, handling, kneeling, bending at the waist, reaching
(overhead), Lying down (back, side, front), rotation of head/neck,
standing, twisting at the waist, walking.
- Climbing/balancing (stairs, ladders, poles, scaffolding,
inclined surfaces), Crawling, Crouching (squatting).
- Lifting and carrying up to 10-35 pounds.This position is
expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required
to work onsite at one of the listed location options.The position
must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US
Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person"
includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or
asylee.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1 year experience using hand tools and/or hand-held power tools
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1 year experience reading and interpreting drawings,
specifications, material processes, schematic and diagrams
- Attended a Boeing partnered manufacturing related high school
or community and technology college academic program Typical
Education & Experience:High school diploma and/or General Education
Diploma (GED)Relocation:Relocation assistance is not a negotiable
benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate
area or relocate at their own expense.Drug Free Workplace Boeing is
a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our
policies.Union Representation StatementThis is an hourly position
governed by the International Association of Machinists (IAM-751)
Collective Bargaining agreement.Other Relevant Information &
RequirementsCurrent Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and
Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be
considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget
Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be
considered.Shift Work StatementThis position is for variable
shiftEqual Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected
Keywords: BOEING, Edmonds , Assembler Installer Doors B, Professions , Edmonds, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!